Maria Denmark Kirsten TPosted: May 31, 2014
I cut this out this afternoon, after a plumbing emergency put paid to my laundry plans. All now sorted, but needed to call out an emergency tradesperson, mucho expensive!
The pattern is a free download, and the original pattern has a short kimono sleeve, but this is for my mum and she don’t do no short sleeve! So I made a pattern piece for a long sleeve. Unfortunately my overlocker chose to misbehave herself. I’ve fiddled & faddled about with it, but I can’t get her to form the stitches properly. I wonder if I have knocked the timing out or something? Anyway, she is off to the sewing machine hospital on Monday for a check up. So I had to knock this one out on the sewing machine, which was a faff.
This fabric is a bit odd, the flowers are kind of plasticky feeling and embossed onto lightweight viscose jersey, but mama likes it and that’s all that matters. I think I bought it from ebay, but I can’t remember.
I took the photo before hemming and cover stitching the neckband, and I can’t be bothered to photograph it again. You’ll just have to believe me when I say the neckline lies nice and flat, now it is cover hemmed. It has turned out rather well, if I say so myself.
Sleeves still need to be hemmed, but I need mama to try it on before I can do that, they will undoubtedly need significant shortening.