Kermit the Frog … with measlesPosted: May 24, 2014
I wasted a few hours hours today, sewing up a Style Arc Belinda top. It’s a pattern I’ve had in my stash for a while – in fact, it’s one of the first Style Arc patterns I ever bought. I made size 18, not quite realising how much weight I’ve lost.
The problem with Style Arc Patterns is that they only come in a single size. You buy size 18, you get size 18. You lose weight, you buy a smaller pattern 😦 Unfortunately I now have a pile of size 18 Style Arc top patterns and a size 14/16 pair of boobs. This top looks pretty dreadful on me.
Even more annoying, it’s one of the more challenging things I’ve sewn, and I was really pleased with the end result, until I tried it on. I had some difficulties visualising how the drape should be attached. Style Arc instructions are hilarious for their brevity! I worked it out, eventually.
The fabric is a lovely quality medium weight apple green cotton/lycra jersey, with white pin dots, very stretchy, with good recovery.
Here’s a pic on Brunnhilde:
Sadly, these days I am somewhat depleted in the mammary dept, so it doesn’t fit me. Back to the drawing board.