Hold the front page!Posted: October 26, 2013
I’m a Plus Size Pattern Pyramid winner!
Courtesy of the lovely Susan at moonthirty.com
Earlier this week, a parcel arrived all the way from the USA, containing eleven plus sized sewing patterns for me to choose from. Woohoo!
Choosing which to keep was fun, and I changed my mind a time or two! But these are the two I chose to keep. The blouse, because I love it and I know I would wear it, and the nightwear pattern because I have been meaning to buy this pattern for ages and never got around to it. I will be able to use this one for sewing for my mum, as well as for myself – double luck and joy!
Now, as to what happens next. I’m adding quite a few patterns to this pyramid from my huge stash. I took the opportunity to prune my pattern collection quite severely. Some of them are duplicates – patterns I loved so much, I inadvertently purchased them more than once – how embarrassing. Some I’ve been given, some are too similar to other patterns I already have, and some I just decided are perhaps not my thing after all; maybe too plunging in the neckline or too full in the skirt, for example. One or two of them I have some difficulty in parting with, but it’s for the best. Really, it is.
We’re gonna need a bigger box
So now I have quite a lot of patterns to give away. I’m thinking I could potentially send out two batches, providing I get enough entries.
Now; I’m a new blogger, and I don’t get many visitors. I’m no expert in technology, and I don’t ‘do’ social media, so really, I’m not sure how I’ll manage to publicise this giveaway.
I’m going to ask Susan to give me a shout out, and can I ask you kind ladies who do follow me to please do the same?
I’d like you to leave a comment on this post if you would like to enter the Plus Sized Pattern Pyramid giveaway. I’ll choose the winner(s) on November 9th.
Here are the rules:
- Anyone, anywhere can enter the giveaway by posting a comment below by midnight GMT on Saturday November 9th, BUT you must have an active blog.
- I will randomly select 1 or 2 winners, (depending on more than one person entering!)
- I will post a selection of patterns (at least 10) to each winner. The winners will pick a pattern(s) to keep for themselves, then host their own giveaway. They will randomly select a winner, post the remaining patterns to that person, who will pick a pattern for themselves, host their own giveaway and …
- All patterns are in the plus size category – ie – if the pattern comes in 2 sizing groups, then it will be the larger category. Patterns go up to at least size 20 (most go higher). Patterns listed as “all sizes” will include plus sizes.
- If you wish to take more than one pattern you can replenish the stock with a pattern you no longer want, but please make sure it is in this size range.
THE SMALL PRINT
- We are taking it on trust that all pattern pieces are there.
- Your selection of patterns will be picked at random – please don’t contact me asking for specific patterns.
- If you’re a winner, BeaJay has asked if you could make a small contribution to The Brooke. This is a charity close to the heart of Catherine, who so generously provided the original patterns. These plus-sized patterns have been contributed in the spirit of the generosity of the sewing community.
- Please engage in a timely fashion, launching your own giveaways soon after receiving a parcel.
- You must be happy to post the patterns worldwide. I look forward to hearing from you!