Simplicity 2181 – Finished!Posted: September 8, 2013
At last, I hear you shout!
Well, sorry, but it was not without incident.
I wasn’t paying attention when I cut it out, and got the twist sections the wrong way round – pattern pieces upside down, so the view is a mirror image of the pattern.
Then, I almost ruined it at the finishing post, by trapping the sleeve in the shoulder seam when inserting the second sleeve. I spent this afternoon unpicking overlocking and lightning bolt stitching, and re- sewing. I made a small hole in the top of the sleeve, but it’s noticeable only to me.
I wish I had lengthened it by a few inches, it feels a bit short. And I had to make do with a very narrow twin needled hem, rather than the nice inch deep cover stitched one I wanted.
I also wish I’d used a plain jersey rather than this busy print. Although gorgeous, I think it detracts from the twist detail. Fortunately, I bought another piece, as I liked it so much. I think it’s destined to become another Renfrew 😉